The ability to find a diamond in the rough is an amazing way to take care of your family. Whether your a used car manager or finding that car for your family. Years ago I was fired a bit destitute, back in those days when you got fired in the car business you also lost your driver, meaning I had no car either. All I had to spend was about $600. Searching and searching for just something I could go find a job with I found an old beat up Pontiac Lemans. It was faded red, bashed up hood, riding on one donut spare, two hub caps… But it ran good.
My father’s training on how to re-condition a used car paid off big, yes I got a job and when I got the Lemans up to snuff I sold it for more than three times what I paid for it and I’m telling you it was worth it because it was ,”A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH”… So here are some tips on reconditioning.
Here are 11 Must Do’s When Polishing Your Diamond In The Rough
1. Wash it, Wax it, Clean the Wheels and Tires
2. If your headlight covers have dimmed, get a brightener (avail at any parts store) and fix them
3. Clean the inside, trunk under the hood
4. Change the Oil
5. Make sure all fluid levels are perfect
6. If the windshield is cracked call your insurance agent, (Comprehensive coverage) get it fixed.
7. Make sure all warning lights are off and repaired, (check engine, air bag, etc…)
8. Tires should have lots of life left, if not buy some.
9. Make the wheels look good, buy hub caps or replacement wheels from a junk yard
10. Have your local paintless dent guy do his thing
11. Have all your service records in a notebook and orderly